Here’s an update of where I am on my 101 in 1001 list. In the first 3 months I stumbled trying to take on too much at once, especially when it comes to long term goals. It seems to be less overwhelming if I concentrate on one thing, make it a habit, and then move on to the next thing. It’s not so much a goal that’s finished and goes away, but a snowball, or a booster that’s pushing the rocket further into space.
5&6) Financial Goals 1 and 2
17) Find 10 New Musicians I Like: Thanks to Spotify (yay free!) I’ve been exploring bands I’ve heard of or like a single from as I edit pictures. I’ve taken a particular shine to The Lumineers (I don’t care how many times they play that song on 93.3, I will sing along every time), Of Monsters and Men and The Black Keys.
22) Confirm My Blood Type: It’s A Positive. I was fairly certain there was a A+ joke in there somewhere.
27) Cook 5 Fruits or Veggies I’ve Never Cooked: 1/5- Artichoke
29) Do the Dishes Every Night for a Month: I stink at the dishes, at anything really that involves maintenance. Horrible. Part of it is growing up in Colorado- you’re more likely to dry out the crud on your dishes than attract, say, cockroaches. I now have a new rule- “Never put off anything that takes less than one minute to do.” This has made a drastic improvement in the piling up of clutter, dishes, everything. It’s not perfect, and it’s not done every night before bed, but it’s maintainable, and that’s a big deal.
30) Create 50 Different Homemade Ice Creams: I have done 6, not all of which have pictures yet…
Spencer’s Cran-Raspbery Sorbet
Strawberry Lemonade Sorbet
and Whiskey-Bacon Ice Cream, which was universally declared “odd.” Also, candied bacon is terrifying.
40 & 41) Save 50% and 75% with coupons. I’m a moderate couponer, none of this extreme business, but it was fun to see if I could play the game. I’m over it now- moderate couponing is great for everyday, (I saved over $1,000 last year) but I don’t need to do the crazy thing.
51) Support the Endeavors of 10 Friends: 2/10, with a big one coming up this weekend at the Great Strides Walk for Cystic Fibrosis!
56) Secret Goal #5- Give BNC a 10 Year Anniversary Present. I brought pictures for the dancers. I’ve always wanted to bring them prints, and I figured this goal list is for things I think, “I keep wanting to do that…”
53) Complete our Website Redesign
63) Complete the Flatland Test Shoot
69, 70, 75, 83) Various Home Repairs
921 days, 4 hours, and 42 minutes remaining…