It’s big and busy and occasionally full of kilt-clad tourists, but The Stanley Hotel remains one of the most popular wedding venues in Colorado for many reasons. It’s kind of a hike for us, but we always love photographing up at The Stanley, especially for winter weddings. It’s much calmer and there’s some snow on the pine trees… and in Colorado you might have “winter” conditions as late as April, like we did for Anna & Matt’s wedding!
What We Love About The Stanley Hotel:
- Lots and lots and lots of historical and architectural details!
- The amount of window light and beautiful spaces make it a great venue for a winter wedding.
- There is a high likelihood of elk joining you for an outdoor ceremony or wedding pictures.
- The spooky factor adds a bit of fun for your guests, or for your whole wedding if you want to incorporate it like Mai and Michael did.
- It’s an easy place for all your guests to stay in one location and make a whole wedding weekend out of your event.
- The reception rooms don’t feel like your basic hotel ballrooms- they are also full of details. Two of the most popular rooms, the music room and the concert hall, are very light and airy for indoor spaces, so they photograph really well.
The Stanley Hotel
333 Wonderview Avenue
Estes Park, CO 80517