Allison and Tyler are like the coolest ever. I’m serious. Here is just a short list of things from their wedding to prove my claim:
1) Their decor. Please see their wooden dinosaurs, test tubes, and jars of constellations, plus floral arrangements entirely created by the bride and her friends and family. A closer look at her paper flowers reveals that the paper comes from things like maps, legal papers, physics textbooks, and census data. It’s not just nerdy; it’s deeply, wonderfully nerdy.
2) They wanted their romantic pictures with the dinosaurs at the Denver Museum of Nature and Science. This is cool all by itself, but please also see Tyler’s “I’m being attacked by a T-Rex” face. He is committed to being attacked by a therapod, goshdarnit.
3) Their first dance was to Toto’s “Africa.” I’m not making that up, and the song is still stuck in my head. It becomes restuck every time I look at those pictures because their wedding party crafted “the rains down in Africa” and joined them with their props, after the couple had performed a slow, soulful macarena as part of their choreography. Again, not making any of this up.
4) Their cake was a set of cupcakes arrayed like the periodic table of elements. The noble gases were purple. Ya know, for royalty.
5) Their wonderful family and friends, among whom I am lucky to count myself. We are all so happy that these two have clearly found their person- the person that they can be their full, silly, nerdy, completely wonderful selves with. We’ve hoped that our dear friend would find their compliment, and it is so evident that Tyler and Allison belong together. Congratulations and all our love. -A&D